2020–2021 TSA Chapter Affiliation
TSA offers three, curriculum-integrated membership programs. Chapters choose the program that works best for them:
Red Chapter Affiliation Program (Red CAP)
A chapter affiliates up to 10 members by paying a flat fee (additional members may be added during the year for a fee). The membership fee for Red CAP is $120 at the national level, plus state dues.
White Chapter Affiliation Program (White CAP)
A chapter affiliates 11 or more members by paying a per member fee for state and national dues. The membership fee for White CAP is $12 per member at the national level, plus state dues.
Blue Chapter Affiliation Program (Blue CAP)
A chapter affiliates an unlimited number of members in a school for a flat fee. This option is popular among chapters where students rotate through a STEM class for a portion of the year to enable all students to be members. The membership fee for Blue CAP is $400 at the national level, plus state dues.
The chapter affiliation program you choose must be the same at the state and national level:
- Red CAP chapters become White CAP chapters automatically when they affiliate 11 or more members.
- Red CAP or White CAP chapters may convert to Blue CAP at any time.
- TSA operates under a unified dues policy, whereby members must affiliate and pay applicable dues at the local, state, and national level.
Benefits of TSA affiliation:
- Streamlined access to the competitive event guides
- New virtual competitions
- Customized leadership materials
- Chapter management tools
- Student member portal
- Opportunities to compete at the local, state, and national levels
Note: TSA chapter affiliation is not complete until national TSA receives payment or an approved purchase order for payment.