As a TEAMS coach, your primary responsibility is to guide and instruct your team(s). Specific expertise in engineering is NOT required. All that is needed is a willingness to try something new and give your students the opportunity to experience engineering.
- Form your team(s) of two to four students.
- Register your school or group online with TEAMS; more than one team may participate from each school or group.
- Access the resources in the TEAMS coach online account to guide your team in competition preparation and practice.
- Encourage your team to practice using online resources and the coach online account.
- Select the date and conduct the competition within the competition window (February 11 - March 4).
- Reserve appropriately sized facilities for the competition.
- Secure and coordinate proctors.
Competition Day Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for the event.
- Return competition materials as instructed by TSA.
- Complete and return the student Honor Statement to TSA.
- Answer proctor questions.
- Prepare the competition area.
- Set a schedule for the day.
- Review competition scores by logging into your coach online account.
- Submit protest forms, if necessary, within three days after your competition date.
- Download and distribute certificates and digital badges to team members.