CompTIA Scholarships for Future Technologists is made available through a generous contribution by national TSA partner CompTIA. Ten recipients each will be awarded a one-time $2,500 scholarship for continuing education beyond high school that is not a traditional four-year college path.
TSA graduating seniors pursing associate’s degrees at community colleges—or non-degree programs offered by universities or career, trade, or technical schools—are eligible to apply.
WHO IS A TECHNOLOGIST?
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior and a current student member of an affiliated TSA chapter and have:
- a high school GPA of 2.8 or higher
- participated in an affiliated TSA chapter for a minimum of two consecutive years
- performed community service within the last year
- attended and competed at a state or National TSA Conference within the last year
Applicants must submit a completed application package by May 1, 2020 to the TSA Awards Selection Committee, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191.
The Google Form application must include:
- one-page cover letter, with your signature;
- completed application form;
- resume including your tenure in TSA, accomplishments, activities, community service, etc.;
- short essay (minimum 250 to maximum 500 words) describing your future educational and career goals in the technology field and how your knowledge of technology will impact your career choices;
- copy of your most recent report card;
- copy of the acceptance or registration letter from the post-secondary institution you will be attending: community college, non-degree programs offered by universities or career, trade, or technical schools;
- hand-signed letter of reference (one) from either your TSA chapter advisor, TSA state advisor, school principal, or teacher who can attest to your scholastic abilities.
The scholarship recipients are determined by the TSA Awards Selection Committee and CompTIA representatives based on the above criteria and the submitted application package. The selections are final and not subject to review.
Announcement and Funding
Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 1, 2020. The names of the ten scholarship recipients will be announced at a general session at the 2020 National TSA Conference. The recipients are not required to attend the conference. If a recipient attends the conference, it will be at their own expense. The scholarship funding will be sent directly from national TSA to the recipient’s post-secondary institution.
At the 2019 National TSA Conference, Creating IT Futures CEO Charles Eaton presented these ten recipients with the CompTIA Scholarships for Future Technologists, each worth $2,500:
- Tilden Chao
- Charlotte Cheng
- Ammar Dharani
- Scott Milner
- Devan Patel
- Robert Peltekov
- Payton Schaap
- Felix Shi
- Devon Summerville
- Sarah Xi
CompTIA partners with national TSA to expand STEM opportunities, competitions, and leadership development. CompTIA is the voice of the world’s information technology (IT) industry.
Its members are the companies at the forefront of innovation and the professionals responsible for maximizing the benefits organizations receive from their investments in technology.
CompTIA is dedicated to advancing industry growth through educational programs, market research, networking events, professional certifications, and public policy advocacy.