ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The CompTIA Scholarship for Future Technologists is made available through a generous contribution by CompTIA. Ten recipients each will be awarded a one-time, $2,500 scholarship for post-secondary education tuition. The names of the ten scholarship recipients will be announced at the 2019 National TSA Conference.* The 2019 scholarship application is no longer available.
WHO IS A TECHNOLOGIST?
APPLICATION CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior and a current member of an affiliated TSA chapter.
2. Applicants must have a high school GPA of 2.8 or higher.
3. Applicants must have participated in an affiliated TSA chapter for a minimum of two consecutive years.
4. Applicants must have performed community service within the last year.
5. Applicants must have attended and competed at a state or national TSA conference within the last year.
The scholarship recipients are determined by the TSA Awards Selection Committee and CompTIA representatives based on the above criteria and the submitted application package. The selections are final and not subject to review. Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 1st.
A Google Mail account is required to access the scholarship application in Google Forms.
Applicants should scan the required application components and upload them when completing the Google Forms application.
An applicant must include the following components:
- A completed application form.
- A resume which will include your tenure in TSA, accomplishments, activities, community service, etc.
- A short personal statement (250 to no more than 500 words) describing your future educational and career goals in the technology field. Explain how your knowledge of technology will impact your career choices. (You do not need to specify a college major.)
- A copy of your most recent report card.
- A copy of the acceptance or registration letter from the post-secondary institution you will be attending (college, community college, career/technical school.)
- A letter of reference (one) from either your TSA chapter advisor; TSA state advisor; school principal; or teacher who can attest to your scholastic abilities.
- A verification form, with your signature.
*The scholarship recipients are not required to attend the 2019 National TSA Conference. If a recipient does attend the conference, it is at their own expense. The scholarship funding will be sent directly from national TSA to the recipient’s post-secondary institution.
CompTIA partners with the Technology Student Association (TSA) to expand STEM opportunities, competitions, and leadership development. CompTIA is the voice of the world’s information technology (IT) industry. Its members are the companies at the forefront of innovation and the professionals responsible for maximizing the benefits organizations receive from their investments in technology. CompTIA is dedicated to advancing industry growth through educational programs, market research, networking events, professional certifications, and public policy advocacy.