The CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Certification exam is offered to a number of TSA chapter advisors who will be attending the 2019 National TSA Conference near Washington, D.C. CompTIA’s ITF+ Certification, one of many IT certifications offered by CompTIA, is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills that form the basis for a foundational understanding of careers within the Information Technology field. TSA partner CompTIA is offering the ITF+ certification exam at no cost (a $250 value) to a number of advisors. The CompTIA ITF+ certification may meet professional development requirements for local school districts.
- CompTIA Certifications Roadmap
- IT Fundamentals + Overview Video
- Study Guide (available to pre-registered TSA chapter advisors)
Pre-registered TSA chapter advisors will receive an email from national TSA with instructions and a code to access the official IT Fundamentals + Certification Study Guide. Advisors will access the Study Guide by setting up an account using their personal email address and supplied code via the courseware content application used by CompTIA. Participants are required to review CompTIA’s Candidate Agreement along with the Candidate Testing Policies.
Onsite ITF+ Certification Exam at the 2019 National TSA Conference
At least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the exam, participants must complete the following steps to create a profile on the CompTIA Pearson VUE website:
- Go to: https://home.pearsonvue.com/comptia/ap/test-takers.aspx.
- Proceed with the account creation process and when prompted, select “No, I do not know my CompTIA ID.”
- Participants will need to have their username and password to access the exam onsite.
Exams will be held between 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, June 29 and 30, 2019 at the 2019 National TSA Conference. Exact times and locations will be listed in the 2019 National TSA Conference program.