The CompTIA Chapter Fund
As the 2020-2021 school year continues to get underway, many schools around the country are facing unprecedented challenges. The economic downturn and inability to fundraise due to the pandemic are affecting the ability for many TSA chapters to pay membership dues.
TSA has partnered with CompTIA over the last few years in a variety of ways, as the two organizations work together with the common goal of filling the STEM pipeline. To help chapters with financial needs, the CompTIA Chapter Fund has been established to assist some chapters from the 2019-2020 school year that have not yet affiliated for the current school year. The criteria is as follows:
- The funding, which just became available, will pay for approximately 250 schools nationwide for a Red CAP membership (up to ten members).
- The funding will pay for approximately ten chapters per state.
- The funding, per approved chapter, will pay for national and state TSA membership dues for ten members, plus one national chapter advisor fee.
- No other costs/fees will be paid for, such as additional members, additional advisors, additional local chapter or state delegation fees, blue shirts, etc. If there are any additional fees, the chapter will be invoiced by national TSA for the difference.
- A requested application will be provided to eligible chapter advisors from the 2019-2020 school year who have yet to affiliate their chapter for 2020-2021.
- Eligible chapters that requested and received the application (which requires the school’s financial need and the teacher and principal’s signatures) must submit it to National TSA by Wednesday, November 4th at 11:59pm EST. Applications are submitted by emailing email@example.com with the subject line: CompTIA Chapter Fund/School Name..
- Chapter advisors who have received approval for their application will have until 11:59pmET on Friday, November 20th at 11:59pm EST to affiliate their chapter. Approved chapters will receive an email confirmation for their Red CAP funding and instructions for affiliating.
- Applications will be reviewed beginning on Monday, October 19, 2020 and will be accepted on a first come, first selected, basis.
- If the CompTIA Chapter Fund has not been fully awarded on or about October 19, 2020, those schools, which were placed on a universal waiting list, will be chosen randomly to receive Red CAP chapter funding for 2020-2021.
- Schools which have already paid their 2020-2021 membership dues, including chapters that have submitted an approved purchase order as a promise to pay, are unfortunately not eligible for this newly-created assistance program or a refund. National TSA and CompTIA sincerely appreciate affiliated chapters’ understanding and compassion.