TSA Chapter Affiliation
Membership in TSA covers each school year. TSA membership begins when a chapter completes affiliation, and ends at the conclusion of the national TSA conference.
TSA offers three curriculum-integrated membership programs. Chapters choose the program that works best for them:
Red Chapter Affiliation Program (Red CAP)
A chapter affiliates up to 10 members by paying a flat fee (members may be added during the year for an additional fee). The membership fee for Red CAP is $120 at the national level, plus state dues.
White Chapter Affiliation Program (White CAP)
A chapter affiliates 11 or more members by paying a per member fee for state and national dues. The membership fee for White CAP is $12 per member at the national level, plus state dues.
Blue Chapter Affiliation Program (Blue CAP)
A chapter affiliates an unlimited number of members in a school for a flat fee. This option is popular among chapters in which students rotate through a STEM class for a portion of the year because it enables all students to be members. The membership fee for Blue CAP is $400 at the national level, plus state dues.
The chapter affiliation program that is chosen must be the same at the state and national level:
- Red CAP chapters automatically become White CAP chapters when they affiliate 11 or more members.
- Red CAP or White CAP chapters may convert to Blue CAP at any time.
- TSA operates under a unified dues policy, whereby members must affiliate and pay applicable dues at the local, state, and national levels. Click here for a list of state dues.
Benefits of TSA affiliation:
- Streamlined access to TSA competitive event guides
- Leadership materials
- Chapter management tools
- Password-protected student member site.
- Opportunities to compete at the local, state, and national levels
Credit card payment is preferred and will ensure immediate chapter affiliation. Paying by check through a purchase order may take up to several weeks to process. To expedite chapter affiliation if paying by check, send a scanned copy of the check to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to mailing it to national TSA.
Note: TSA chapter affiliation is not complete until national TSA receives payment or an approved purchase order for payment.