Consider using the copy below as a template to share the news of how your TSA chapter is participating in the 2019 National TSA Conference. Send the final version of your press release as a PDF attachment to an email to your local web, magazine, radio, newspaper, and/or television media—and local, county, and/or state school system. Emphasize your chapter's activities and achievements, since local news media is most interested in the accomplishments of local TSA student members and advisors:
[Insert name of your school] TSA Chapter to “Model the Way” at the 2019 National Technology Student Association Conference
[Date of distribution]
Contact: [Name and email address of TSA chapter advisor]
[School's city, state]—The [insert the name of your school; link to your TSA chapter or school website] TSA Chapter will join thousands of Technology Student Association (TSA) middle school and high school student members from across the country at the 2019 National TSA Association Conference from June 28th to July 2nd at National Harbor, MD near Washington, D.C.
This year’s conference theme is “Model the Way,” as national TSA marks more than four decades of enhancing personal development, leadership, and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) through intracurricular activities, competitions, and other programs.
It has been a productive school year for the [insert the name of your school] TSA Chapter: [insert a brief list of your TSA chapter’s accomplishments in the 2018 to 2019 school year at local, regional, and/or state levels.]
Now, the [insert name of your school] TSA Chapter is looking forward to participating in [insert a list of competitions and/or activities in which your TSA chapter will take part at the National TSA Conference] at the 2019 National TSA Conference.
“[Insert quote from TSA chapter advisor about why student members/the chapter is looking forward to attending the conference),” says TSA Chapter Advisor [insert name of TSA chapter advisor].
“[Insert quote from TSA chapter officer about why student members/the TSA chapter are looking forward to attending the conference],” says TSA Chapter [insert title of TSA chapter officer] [insert name of TSA chapter officer].
Also at the 2019 National TSA Conference:
- TSA student members from across the country will take part in about 70 middle school and high school STEM competitions, including two news ones: Cybersecurity and CompTIA ITF+ Certification.
- The Tests of Engineering Aptitude, Mathematics, and Science (TEAMS) finals will feature the theme “The Engineering Brain.” Original academic and innovative concepts are developed for TEAMS based on the National Academy of Engineering’s Grand Challenges.
- Fifth through eighth grade students will design, build, and race solar-powered vehicles in the finals of the Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) competition, administered by TSA and funded by the Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP).
- The national championships of the TSA VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) and the TSA VEX IQ Challenge (VIQC) will be held.
- Attendees will participate in special interest sessions focused on STEM/information technology (IT), delivered by industry experts and members of CompTIA, a non-profit trade association that serves as the voice of the IT industry.
- Speakers will take the stage to inspire attendees.
- A new, national TSA officer team for the 2019–2020 school year will be elected and installed.
- Professional leadership training will be provided to middle school and high school TSA chapter members and advisors through LEAP (Leadership. Education. Achievement. Personal Growth.), based on "The Student Leadership Challenge: Five Practices for Becoming an Exemplary Leader."
- Special recognitions, such as the American Cancer Society (ACS) Spirit of Service Award winners, will be announced. TSA chapters raise money for ACS research, education, advocacy, and patient services each year.
More than 250,000 TSA members across the United States are “learning to lead in a technical world.” See how on TSAweb.org and [insert link to your TSA chapter's website].