LEVELS OF COMPETITION
A. The following breakdown of grades is used to designate categories for curricular event entries. Each level has its own competitive events guide:
Middle School/Junior High School—Grades 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
High School—Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
Ninth graders must compete at the level in which the chapter affiliates. For example, if 9th grade is housed in a 9th-12th grade high school, the student must compete in high school events. If the 9th grade is housed in a 6th-9th or 7th-9th grade school, 9th grade students must compete in middle school events.
B. If the school has a K-12 configuration, or a configuration other than the examples above, contact the Competition Regulations Committee (CRC) chairperson or Janice Cabahug, TSA competitions manager, for clarification and approval regarding the appropriate school designation.
Updates to the General Rules and Regulations section of the virtual MS and HS competitive events guides:
1. The TSA Student and Parent Consent and Release form (in lieu of the Acceptable Use Policy form) will be used for the virtual 2021 national TSA conference.
2. May 14, 2021 supersedes any reference to May 15, 2021 as a deadline date.
3. All team members who compete in a national conference virtual team event will be identified by name and ID number.
4. For the virtual 2021 national TSA conference, moderators will replace CRC managers, coordinators and proctors.
5. After May 14, 2021 (the date that registration closes), no competitor substitutions will be permitted for any competition.
6. The results of virtual judging will be announced during the conference general sessions, June 23rd, 24th and 25th.
TSA strives to ensure that competitive event judging results are accurate and fair. Although training, supervision, and the use of best practices are employed, errors in judging may occur. In most cases errors cannot be corrected, and TSA does not accept responsibility for any claims relating to errors.