The Technology Student Association’s CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Certification competition is offered to a limited number of currently affiliated high school student members who will be attending the 2019 National TSA Conference in Washington, D.C. CompTIA’s ITF+, one of many IT certifications offered by CompTIA, is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills that form the basis for a foundational understanding of careers within the Information Technology field. TSA’s partner CompTIA is offering the ITF+ certification exam at no cost to a limited number of students. Up to three students per chapter will be able to register to take the ITF+ certification test at the 2019 National TSA Conference free of charge.
- CompTIA Certifications Roadmap
- IT Fundamentals + Overview Video
- Study Guide (available upon registration; see instructions below)
Chapters must register their intent to participate in the CompTIA ITF+ Certification competition at the 2019 National TSA Conference to gain access to teacher/student resources.
Chapter advisors are required to upload completed forms for each student who is participating in the IT Fundamentals + competition via Google Forms.
- TSA Student and Parent Consent and Release Form and Acceptable Use Policy
- CompTIA Parent/Guardian Anywhere Proctor Consent Form
TSA chapter advisors ONLY:
- Go To Chapter Advisor Affiliation and Update.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Log on to “Competition Registration.”
- Select “IT Fundamentals+ Certification Competition.”
- Upload completed signed Student and Parent Consent and Release and CompTIA Parent/Guardian Anywhere Proctor Consent forms via Google Forms. The Consent Forms and a corresponding Google Form must be submitted for every participating student.
Once registered and Student/Parent Consent forms are uploaded and verified by TSA, chapter advisors will receive an email with instructions and up to three codes for students to access the official IT Fundamentals + Certification Study Guide. Students will access the Study Guide by setting up an account using their personal email address and supplied codes via the courseware content application used by CompTIA . Participants are required to review CompTIA’s Candidate Agreement along with the Candidate Testing Policies.
On-site ITF+ Certification Exam at the 2019 National TSA Conference
At least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the exam, participants must complete the following steps to create a profile on the CompTIA Pearson VUE website:
- Go to: https://home.pearsonvue.com/comptia/ap/test-takers.aspx
- Proceed with the account creation process and when prompted, select “No, I do not know my CompTIA ID.”
- Participants will need to have their Username and Password to access the exam on-site.
Exams will be held between 11:00am and 7:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 29th and 30th. Exact times and locations will be listed in the 2019 national TSA conference program.