LEAP Legacy Chapter is a comprehensive leadership recognition program offered to middle and high school chapters as an optional national TSA activity that includes a competition component. Chapters demonstrate—and are evaluated on—their involvement in LEAP activities related to "The Student Leadership Challenge: Five Practices for Becoming an Exemplary Leader (SLC-Five Practices)"*.
TSA chapters complete LEAP Legacy Chapter Portfolios including:
- cover page
- activities template
- supporting documents
Portfolios are submitted electronically by TSA chapter advisors via submittable.com and evaluated by judges assembled by national TSA.
Each year, based on minimum qualifying scores, one middle school and one high school per state are selected as semifinalists. Then, ten middle school chapters and ten high school chapters advance as 2019–2020 LEAP Legacy Chapter National Semifinalists and participate in the TSA Meet and Greet at the 2020 National TSA Conference, June 27th to July 1st at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, TN.
First through third place middle and high school TSA chapters will receive $1,000, $500, and $250, respectively. First through third place chapter winners also will receive trophies on stage at the National TSA Conference Awards Ceremony.
LEAP Legacy Chapter Forms and Templates:
- LEAP Legacy Chapter Program Guidelines
- LEAP Legacy Chapter Portfolio
- LEAP Legacy Chapter Sample Activities
- LEAP Legacy Chapter Activity Summary and Evidence Sample
- LEAP Legacy Chapter Evaluation Rubric
Congratulations to the 2018-2019 LEAP Legacy Chapter Finalists, announced at the 2019 National Technology Student Association Conference near Washington, D.C.
- 2018–2019 LEAP Legacy Chapter National Semifinalists
- 2017–2018 LEAP Legacy Chapter National Finalists
- 2017–2018 LEAP Legacy Chapter National Semifinalists
- 2016–2017 LEAP Legacy Chapter National Finalists
- 2016–2017 LEAP Legacy Chapter National Semifinalists
Copyright ©2020 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. the Leadership Challenge®. The Student Leadership Challenge® and The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® are registered trademarks of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. studentleadershipchallenge.com.