Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Jumpstart is an onsite, elementary school-based event that provides elementary-level fifth and sixth grade students with a fun, hands-on opportunity to learn more about renewable energy by building solar powered cars:
- There is no fee to participate in JSS Jumpstart; however, participants will need to purchase their own supplies.
- JSS Jumpstart participants are not members of TSA and will not pay TSA any dues.
- JSS Jumpstart participants may not compete at state TSA conferences, but may participate at the National TSA Conference at their own expense. The participation will be at the middle school level, limited to one team per elementary school, which will be selected by the elementary school.
- Teachers, volunteers, and participants in JSS Jumpstart will be required to register on the JSS Cvent registration site (no fee).
- The JSS competitive event guidelines/general rules will be accessible, once teachers have registered.
- Registrants and participants must adhere to all related rules and guidelines.
For more information, contact JSS Manager Sue King.