Due to the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, educational settings for students this fall will be varied, and decisions being made today may change tomorrow. To accommodate this uncertainty and provide flexibility for its membership, TSA is offering affiliated chapters a STEM integration program in 2020-2021 that provides resources to advisors and members regardless of the educational setting – in-school, virtual, or a hybrid.
Among the new features are:
- 73 competitive events, with 62 converted to a virtual format
- Chapter management tools for in-school and virtual chapters
- Monthly warm-up challenges to enhance the competition experience
- Member-of-the-month recognition
- Career pathway learning opportunities
- 21st century leadership skills activities
- Online pop up events - such as speakers, podcasts, videos, virtual field trips, and webinars
These resources are housed in a newly designed TSA membership system, which features separate password protected sites for state advisors, chapter advisors, and student members. The sites contain information and materials that will assist and support state delegations and local chapters.
Recorded membership system training videos, specifically designed for state and chapter advisors will be available throughout the school year, along with comprehensive step-by-step user guides. Directions for accessing the student member site are included in the training materials for chapter advisors.
This updated membership system will engage the TSA community at the local, state and national level.
TSA recognizes that this school year may be unlike any other. With all that TSA has to offer traditionally – and now virtually – there is more reason than ever to affiliate a new or returning TSA chapter.
Thank you for your support during this unprecedented time.
We are TSA, and we are all in this together.